Welcome

As it says...

Re: Welcome

Postby Ullo Chubakov » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:33 am

From the wind swept, mucky plains of the Kingdom of Alcovia, his gratuity, King Ullo Chubakov bids you all fond greetings.

For those who do not know, Alcovia is a land I have used in many eras and am now using to experiment with the 18th century. Alcovia is located on a wide open expanse of marshy plainsland somewhere marginally in the Balkan region. It is bordered in the west by the Carpaccian Mountains and the east by the Borka river, across which can be found it's traditional enemy of Iqenistan. The people of Alcovia are descended from various horse peoples who have either migrated or been exiled or displaced to the region. The western and central regions of the county are populated by the Kuzaks, a group of exiled Cossacks.

The 18th C. fun in Alcovia will attempt to capture a pivotal time in the history of the nation - the birth of the nation. In this time an aging Kuzak lord, ullo Chubakov, dreams of a nation where his sons and daughters can live a life free from the petty squabbles and wild vendetta and inter-tribal warfare of the region. His solution is a war of unification in which he strives to bring together all the disparate peoples of the Alcovian Plain under a single banner, not for the sake of conquest, but for the sake of bettering the future not just for his family but all the people of Alcovia.

It's a slow-going project, but it promises to be fun and entertaining.

-Eli
Ullo Chubakov
Musketier

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 am

greeting !!!!!you were lucky to get on , what with all the Central and Easter European spammers trying to join,,,I kid you not..
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber

Postby Ullo Chubakov » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:35 am

Glad I got through. Thank you for setting up the Alcovia room.

-Eli
Ullo Chubakov
Musketier

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:49 am

my joy...
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber

Postby The Chronicler » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Greetings Eli glad to see Alcovia joining our happy group.
The Chronicler

Postby FleetfootMike » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Erm... hi! :D

Finally scratching the Imagi-Nations itch courtesy of Henry Hyde and the folks over at WD3 - busy starting a small force for the Duchy of Elland, a small but punching above its weight duchy (with a reputation for being somewhat aggressive but remarkably egalitarian) in some alternate version of fairest Albion. To begin with this is for the WD3 weekend in May, but I'm rather hoping to keep it up and find a few opponents here and there within a sane distance of Peterborough.

Also, after painting of the order of 200 assorted Brigantes and Anglo-Saxon warband over the last two or three months, the idea of painting 36 figures all in the same pose wearing the same uniform is looking remarkably appealing... :D
FleetfootMike
Musketier

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:46 pm

FleetfootMike wrote:Erm... hi! :D

Finally scratching the Imagi-Nations itch courtesy of Henry Hyde and the folks over at WD3 - busy starting a small force for the Duchy of Elland, a small but punching above its weight duchy (with a reputation for being somewhat aggressive but remarkably egalitarian) in some alternate version of fairest Albion. To begin with this is for the WD3 weekend in May, but I'm rather hoping to keep it up and find a few opponents here and there within a sane distance of Peterborough.

Also, after painting of the order of 200 assorted Brigantes and Anglo-Saxon warband over the last two or three months, the idea of painting 36 figures all in the same pose wearing the same uniform is looking remarkably appealing... :D

a room is ready for your Duchy...
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber

Postby The Chronicler » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 pm

FleetfootMike wrote:Erm... hi! :D

I for one hope you stick with it, true big boys sky-larking when you can make it up. Welcome to the forum from Hesse-Kassoulet.
The Chronicler

Postby wardlaw » Thu May 24, 2012 12:47 am

May I present the card of my master, the Cardinale-Infante Ferdinand-José, Prince of the Blood and Commander of His Catholic Majesty's forces, against the English King James II?
wardlaw
Musketier

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 am

wardlaw wrote:May I present the card of my master, the Cardinale-Infante Ferdinand-José, Prince of the Blood and Commander of His Catholic Majesty's forces, against the English King James II?

Received with joy, and applauded unrestrainedly(things are a bit quiet here at the moment)
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome