Hinterland Miniatures ...

The place to discuss all matters pertaining to the general discussions of the Imagi-Nation states and worlds..,counties duchys and whatever..and those matters of a general nature that so enthrall us all..

Hinterland Miniatures ...

Postby GamesPoet » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:50 am

From the Cardinal's other site ...

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:http://hinterlandminiatures.weebly.com/hinterland-blog.html

Looks like these folks got some new items they've put up on their website ...

http://hinterlandminiatures.weebly.com/storecart.html

I'm not really into the WWI/Victorian era look of the Trench dudettes, not that it isn't something I'd consider, but there are just too many priorities in front of it, although perhaps someone else might like to know, and so I posted this. Besides the gas masked horses and riders, looks like they've done up a sailors' pom pom gun with crew, and some figures for a Hussar crew as well. The latter might end up on my table at some point if I broaded what has already been purchased from them.

Those rifled horsemen shown in the Cardinal's post above are much to my liking. Might make some good dragoons for some sort of Imagi-Nations concept. I've already purchased the cavalry Hussar command (3 figs), and the cavarly Hussar lancers (3 figs), plus Princess Cecilie on horse to create some sort of a unit for a future Imagi-Nations project. I'm contemplating buying on more set of the lancers to fill it out a bit, but we'll see.
GamesPoet
Musketier

Re: Hinterland Miniatures ...

Postby wardlaw » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 pm

They don't really float my boat. All these ladies dressing in unifrom is oh so terribly... Prussian ;)

I bought the ladies on camelback for a Sudan scenario. They're lovely but tiny - much much closer to 20mm than 25...
wardlaw
Musketier

Postby Big Martin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 pm

I'd looked at the camelback ladies for the same reason. I won't bother, then!
Tutenes? Atque cujus exercitus?
Big Martin
Musketier

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 am

I got the camel ladies in yesterday and in my opionon they are not 20mm the camel is nearly 40mm to the hump..would look a bit thin next to Essex but ok with Perry.They have a Perry quality to them.
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber

Postby GamesPoet » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:36 pm

I had know real issue with the scale of the hussar lancer types, could easily go for 25mm or 28mm, but probably not a "heroic" 28mm/30mm size. My sense is the horses are about right in size, and the figures are women not men, so even if viewed as being a little smaller, that seems about right from my view anyway. The ones I purchased didnt' seem like 20mm at all, and figures seem decently scuplted while looking like fun to paint.
GamesPoet
Musketier

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm

they are very..Paul hicks
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber

Postby GamesPoet » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:15 am

Paul Hicks ... has come up with some more figures recently, female vehicle riders and autohusaren. The only one I like is the one with the binoculars, and I'm imagining it might look good on a cavalry figure as a conversion. The robots don't really do it for me, yet suspect some will find them to be quite attractive.

Here's the same link as before, but with the newest figures ... http://hinterlandminiatures.weebly.com/storecart.html
GamesPoet
Musketier

Postby GamesPoet » Wed May 14, 2014 5:42 am

Paul Hicks has sculpted some new figures for Hinterland Miniatures, and this time around they are women Askari ...

http://hinterlandminiatures.weebly.com/storecart.html
GamesPoet
Musketier

Return to The Chamber of State