First Longstreet Battle

Everything else in the 19th Century until the end of the second Boer War

First Longstreet Battle

Postby Ashur dan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi All

Some photos of an initial playthrough:
[url=http://s787.photobucket.com/user/Ashur_dan[URL=http://s787.photobucket.com/user/Ashur_dan/media/IMG_3377_1767_zpsc7b91981.jpg.html]Image[/url]/media/IMG_3376_1766_zpsa135c228.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
Regards

Stephen

'In my third campaign I marched against Hatti. Luli, King of Sidon, whom the terror-inspiring glamor of my lordship had overwhelmed, fled far overseas and perished. The awe-inspiring "Weapon" of Ashur. my lord, overwhelmed his strong cities (such as) Great Sidon, Little Sidon, Bit-Zitti, Zaribtu, Mahalliba, Ushu (ie all the mainland settlements of Tyre), Akzib (and) Akko, (all) his fortress cities, walled (and well) provided with feed and water for his garrisons, and they bowed in submission to my feet. - Sennacherib (704 - 681)
Ashur dan
Unteroffizier

Re: First Longstreet Battle

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:40 pm

so how was it?

"We're playing a wargame not making a documentary." The Cardinal's 3rd Maxim

http://acorporalsguard.weebly.com/
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber-Obrist

Postby Stonewall » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:04 am

The 15mm Essex miniatures look good!
Stonewall
Kuirassier

Postby Ashur dan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi All

An assessment of the rules after playing one solo and three opposed games:

This rule set is simple yet through the card mechanisms, not complicated but multifaceted. You will never know what might happen at any given point (however your opponent can only play one interrupt card during your turn).

Movement: simple
Firing: simple
Combat: slightly less simple (as different qualities are used for attack and defence)

Quality of play: excellent, you need to play it through to experience it.
Campaign: brilliant! Again you need to play it through to see how good it really is.

The photos are from my first solo game where the opposing campaign forces (1861) are the same.

Looking to have a couple of more games in the near future, will report back. Now where is my copy of the Narrative of the Civil War by Shelby Foote..............
Regards

Stephen

'In my third campaign I marched against Hatti. Luli, King of Sidon, whom the terror-inspiring glamor of my lordship had overwhelmed, fled far overseas and perished. The awe-inspiring "Weapon" of Ashur. my lord, overwhelmed his strong cities (such as) Great Sidon, Little Sidon, Bit-Zitti, Zaribtu, Mahalliba, Ushu (ie all the mainland settlements of Tyre), Akzib (and) Akko, (all) his fortress cities, walled (and well) provided with feed and water for his garrisons, and they bowed in submission to my feet. - Sennacherib (704 - 681)
Ashur dan
Unteroffizier

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:49 pm

ta

"We're playing a wargame not making a documentary." The Cardinal's 3rd Maxim

http://acorporalsguard.weebly.com/
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber-Obrist

Postby GamesPoet » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:53 am

Looks like one of the scenarios from the rules. Thanks for the concise report on how these are. I don't have enough 28mm done yet to do a game, but looking forward to when I do.
George Washington: "Happiness and moral duty are inseperably connected."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there are pains to bring it to light."

"War - An act of violence whose object is to constrain the enemy, to accomplish our will."

GamesPoet
Obrist

Return to The Age of Empire,Independence ,Civil War and of Expansion 1816-1902