so, a unit done

The home of Greywolf's Twilight of the West Impetus 28mm Campaign

Moderator: Blackwolf

so, a unit done

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:20 am

well .. for a bit of a palate change I started 20 late Romans, a base of legion Herculani and a T base of supporting bow. around 9.30 on Wednesday night.. I finshed painting bar the shiled around 11 Thursday night.. spent more than enough time on the shield today..I have forgotten about ancients and what a pain shields can be..anyway they are finished, gloss varnished , bases of the figures textured( I find it too hard and messy when you have a big base full of little blokes so I do the indvidual base first) awaiting a flat varnish and then the time consuming ho hum of basing..5 archers, 2 officers , two standards a tuba player and 10 blokes with pointu sharp hurty spears. I of course did a few other things, prepped around 60 infantry and 20 cavalry and 2 guns and crew..that new ecth primer Rhino put me onto is damn good, thank you Mr new Bunnings in Goulburn..

"We're playing a wargame not making a documentary." The Cardinal's 3rd Maxim

http://acorporalsguard.weebly.com/
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber-Obrist

Re: so, a unit done

Postby greatwhitezulu » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:48 am

What about pics??????
in wargaming all we do is play with toy soldiers, its not real, it never can be, it never will be, so lets lighten up.
Stuart Asquith 2006
greatwhitezulu
Obristwachtmeister

Re: so, a unit done

Postby Cardinal Hawkwood » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:48 pm

greatwhitezulu wrote:What about pics??????

as you know , or probably don't in your case, the whole picture thing is time consuming so I tend to back up a bit to get enough ready for a better time managed operation, and they are stll quite glossy, on their bottle caps , and their bases need a bit of a drybrush..like pics final varniashing and basing is a bloody feck'en total pain time wise so I again tend to build up a bit so as to make the operation timeworthy..if you don't like that answer ypou can stick your giant smiley up your jacczi and sit on it.

"We're playing a wargame not making a documentary." The Cardinal's 3rd Maxim

http://acorporalsguard.weebly.com/
Cardinal Hawkwood
Inhaber-Obrist

Return to Dux Europa